longshanks1

Hi , I am the proud owner of a 2006 Honda Accord CDTI EX , I can honestly say after 3 weeks it is the finest car I have ever owned , I started in the 70s as a learner with a MK2 Cortina , then I passed my test in 1982 and bought another , since then I have Audi 80 , Cavaliers ,  Rover 75 and 600 , Nissan Primeras and before the Honda the worst car I have ever bought a Peugeot 607 , that was a money pit , but this car is like driving a Rolls Royce compared with nearly all my other cars , I forgot to mention I was in the motor trade for 30 years as a auto electrician till wear and tear on my neck nearly put me in a wheelchair , I still need a stick , but anyway I may be able to make a contribution to this site , I believe when you join the owners club you become part of a family , just to say what qualifications I have C&G Part 1 Mechanics , C&G Auto Electrical , C&G Alarms and micro processors , C&G Fuel Injection also various manufacturers courses , plus various health and safety courses with my employer West Yorkshire Police, I am still a member of the IMI (institute of the motor industry ) as a AMIMI , but to cut to the chase with being out of the industry for so long 16 years , there is many apprentices that know more about the modern car than me , I am a relic from days gone by when dynamos were the in thing , don't get me wrong I am not a bighead , but its nice to remember what I achieved . Now to get to the nitty gritty , what do I look for on my vehicle , I have seen something about a manufacturing fault causing problems with the VSA which like Electronic Stability Programme , could someone please elaborate , and is there anything else to look for or avoid , many thanks for reading this and if you reply thanks again .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...and welcome to the Forum

A fellow Mechanic...good to have you onboard!

Honda's are great cars, in comparison to other makes but they still have their issues.

Not sure about the VSA fault as I've never personally experienced it....but have you had any problems with clutch slipping yet?

Cheers   Trevor

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone help me Trevor , my car as shoved a rod through the block , and some of the companies advertising reconditioned engines look a bit suspect , will a civic or the 4x4 engine fit my car , its a 2006 cdti , I don't want to scrap it I love the car , I wasn't a mechanic I was the auto electrical engineer for the west Yorkshire police , but please any help I need to get an engine I can get a low mileage civic , on a 2011 plate engine but would it fit .