Transfer case on the bottom of the transmission

Lance

Hi, im not an expert but i do have handy hands, hope you guys could help me out, 

On my s reg Honda cr v automatic transmission, at the back i have the transfer case the leads to drive shaft but at the bottom of the hole there is a hole with a thread init? And what appears to be oil arround the hole, well i have an engine oil leak to that doesnt help so could be that too but, i am trying to find out if this hole is a drain point for the transfer case of wether the its supposed to be open? Hope you can help 

And thanks in advance

IMG-20170222-WA0012.jpg

s-l225.jpg

Hi Lance....welcome to the Forum

If it were me, I would jetwash the old engine oil off and see if the leak is there afterwards.

If it was a drain plug it could be 'weeping oil' but it is also worth checking the fluid level to be on the safe side.

Cheers  Trevor

Hi Lance....welcome to the Forum

If it were me, I would jetwash the old engine oil off and see if the leak is there afterwards.

If it was a drain plug it could be 'weeping oil' but it is also worth checking the fluid level to be on the safe side.

Hi Trevor,

thank you for the speedy response ill do just that

• Like 1