Help

TOMMGTi

Hi there I own an 2009 crv 2.2 diesel. And for a split second when accelerating she splutters/looses power. Any advice that anyone can pass on or had similar problems like this before? Doesn't happen all the time only in 2nd gear under hard acceleration 

Thanks 

Tom 

Edited by TOMMGTi

Hi Tom....welcome to the Forum

I'm going to go for Turbo vanes gummed up as this is quite common with high carbon content within the engine/turbo blocking the movement of the variable turbo vanes.

Would recommend a Turbo cleaning kit (available on eBay) to run through and see how that works.

Additionally, if this cures it or even partially cures it then I would recommend a complete carbon clean out of the engine (Terraclean) or similar which would clear out the EGR, etc which could also affect the acceleration.

The finally, an Italian tune up with good quality fuel always helps 🙂

Let us know how you get on with it all

Cheers . Trevor

On 11/5/2018 at 8:06 AM, Trevor said:

Hi Tom....welcome to the Forum

I'm going to go for Turbo vanes gummed up as this is quite common with high carbon content within the engine/turbo blocking the movement of the variable turbo vanes.

Would recommend a Turbo cleaning kit (available on eBay) to run through and see how that works.

Additionally, if this cures it or even partially cures it then I would recommend a complete carbon clean out of the engine (Terraclean) or similar which would clear out the EGR, etc which could also affect the acceleration.

The finally, an Italian tune up with good quality fuel always helps 🙂

Let us know how you get on with it all

Cheers . Trevor

Hi Trevor thanks for the reply. How big of a job is it to remove turbo to use this clean kit? Funnily enough I've not had this issue happen to me again, very odd

Cheers 

Tom