Factory hid headlights aiming high

Jason

Hi all, I have a 2011 crv ex ivtec and for some unknown reason the factory hid headlights have started aiming high.

I've owned the car for 2 years and never had the problem before. 

There is no manual  adjustment inside the car nor is there under the bonnet.

Can anyone tell me what might have caused this and how I'd go about fixing it please?

Many thanks 

Jay.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Trevor thanks for your reply, 

It does have hid lights son no adjuster, I have located the leveling sensor on the rear axle and the connecting rod is fine and intact with both ball joints moving freely.

Any other ideas ?

Many thanks 

Jay

I don't suppose you could get someone to check the lights to see if they move while you move the adjuster under the rear and see if it makes any difference...at least that way you would know if the system is working okay from the sensors

Hi Trevor, I did remove the link bar on Saturday and moved the sensor arm back fully and the lights moved down to the correct position,I then pushed it forward and they went up again.

The problem seems to be when the link is attached the sensor points them too high.

For now I have left the link off and wired the arm back to keep them down.

Do you think they need calibrating to the correct height or I thought maybe the sensor arm may be able to be removed from sensor body, moved back then 're attached to the body leaving it in the correct position?

Thanks for your help so far.

well at least you know the sensors are working okay.

I would be tempted to see if there is any way to alter the position of the sensor to match the desired height but it does seem strange that this has occurred, unless the ride height at the rear has changed e.g. broken road spring, etc