Please Advise And Let Me Sleep:)

Hi everyone. I've decided that I want to own a beautiful CR-V. I have seen one but for the last 10 days I've been back and forth repeatedly to the point of madness and so was hoping for some advice. The model is 2011 EX 2.2. It is in beautiful condition both inside and out. It has full service history BUT it has 95000. Now, I fully intend to run it for the next three/four years but my doubts are;

1. I've never owned a diesel so what about the Turbo life?

2. The DPF baffles me. How can I check it?

3. The high miles i.e should I be bracing myself for major work?

The car is beautiful and the car dealer is VERY patient but not for much longer I feel.

Any advice would be so welcome. I really want to join the gang. Please help.

Many many thanks

Dave.

Hi bendybead, regarding the mileage you can rarely go wrong with a Honda Diesel. I have a Honda Accord with the same 2.2l diesel and it has nearly 160k on the clock, with others on the market with up to 250k. With some research I’ve found that the turbos are reliable (again my car has the original). Finally the DPF filter will only really block up if your doing short, stop-start journeys, However, a long journey of above 40 mph for 20 minutes should clean it through. 

I’m not an expert as I’m new to driving so other perspectives might be useful.  However, thought I could help I had similar questions when considering buying my own. 

Oliver. 😃

• Like 1

Hi Bendybead, I too have just joined the forum having purchased my first CRV diesel 2011 with 103,000 miles FSH. I have owned Jaguar cars before especially with DPF 2.2 engine renowned for clogging and turbo cleaning on replacing the actuator. Like others, did my home work on Honda and engines and overall cars are excellent. I shopped around and like other comments found these with excess of 200,000 miles  and rarely came across one with low miles in that age bracket. I researched all possible review sites and test driving sites and rarely come across negative comments (OK maybe on rear seating being a little stiff) but overall excellent choice.

With  DPF I was told when Jaguar driving was always use the premium diesel and not the supermarket stuff and wonder if Honda would recommend same?

I was advised to check Diff oil change and when purchased, notice cornering loud so booked into Honda fixed priced servicing and at £85.00 got the work done and what a difference so maybe check if this has been done. But for reliability, they have a great track record.