Shuddering when pulling away

Bigman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I've got the same issue, I was thinking it maybe a driveshaft, the clutch on my car was replaced 15000 miles ago.  Looks like I will be taking it into a garage. If I can sort this I'd be happy.

The only other thing it could be is the Rear Diff oil needs changing.
This can occur if not changed within the specified time period and leads to the diff locking up.

If this occurs then you need to flush the diff and replace the fluid with the specified oil 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-HONDA-CRV-2007-2017-REAR-DIFF-FLUID-FLUSH-KIT-SUPPLY-REG-FOR-WASHERS/303409859926?fits=Car+Make%3AHonda|Model%3ACR-V&hash=item46a4a30d56:g:oCoAAOSwJHhcpIUk

If it does it when the weather (like now), is cold and wet or damp, it could be clutch judder- ie when the engine is started from cold.

My CRV is a diesel 2015 model and it does this very thing from cold, and after 10 minutes disappears. As I understand it, it is a common Honda problem.

It is quite possible that it could be the friction lining material on the clutch plate that is causing it to judder but also the dual mass flywheel could also cause this but unlikely to be there going from 1st to 2nd gear.

The CRV also uses a SAC (self adjusting clutch) which is too weak for the purpose so that also may be a possible cause.

• 5 months later...

Hi, 7 months later my car still does this, I've just put up with it, been to garage they said to change the whole clutch and dmf, i have a rattle on the passenger side when clutch is pressed in it goes away. Was told it's the throw out bearing. Apparently there is a little fork mechanism rattling. Really annoying put gonna ignore it until it falls apart

• 4 weeks later...

I HAVE 2009CR-v 140000miles 2wd cvt automatic shutering when pulling away in san diego always sunny and warm vehicle has been acting up about a year no one can come up with a reasonable cause that can be repaired.