CR-V Owners Manuals

Trevor

• 1 year later...

My 2014 petrol auto CRV will be due it's 72.5k service soon, and I've been quoted a whopping £900 by the MD who did the interim last year. I have found the Honda Direct Parts website who will provide Honda cabin, air and oil filters, Honda oil and plugs for less than £200 so thinking of doing those myself (as it's out of the Honda Approved warranty) and leaving some of the trickier stuff (transmission fluid, rear diff oil change, etc) to the MD.

I'm reluctant to do so however without a Haynes type manual to refer to, especially the plugs and cabin filter. Will the US Haynes manual be OK here or is there another resource somewhere?

Thanks for any assistance offered!

Hi...welcome to the Forums

That is a huge amount of money for a service on a CR-V 

The filters are easy enough to replace yourself. As are some of the fluids.  

The rear diff fluid you can buy from eBay but make sure its the correct one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Honda-CRV-Rear-Differential-Oil-Honda-Dual-Pump-Fluid/254743702377?epid=1415923714&hash=item3b4fe86b69:g:1k0AAOSwbdpWXdDi

Again, easy enough to change if you can access the underside of the vehicle.

You shouldn't have any problem with the cabin filter and the plugs are easy enough....just don't over-tighten the new ones