Strange problem...

Ken

Greetings all from Northern Ireland - hope you can help. My CRV is, at the moment, broken down, and has been for most of the last month. It's a 2007 2.2 Cdti with 160000 miles and just suddenly stopped working, with all the dash lights flashing. I've had a diagnostic technician out, but he couldn't get the car to communicate with his equipment, though it did start and run for 3 days after he had been. It's very frustrating, to say the least. I think that it's something electrical - the cam chain is fine, no noise when running, and it has a new clutch and flywheel, which is why I'm loathe to give up on it. Anyone come across this before? Thanks in advance! 

Hi....welcome to the Forum

I assume the vehicle battery is in good condition?

Also, check all battery cables and connections, including earth leads....especially those running to the gearbox as this has been out recently it may not have been put back properly or loose on the connection.

Let us know how it all goes

Thanks for the welcome and the reply! I'm hoping that it is something simple like that; I'll be checking the earth lead as soon as it stops raining .... 

I'm also off to look at a 2012 iDtec auto on Saturday. Anyone got any experience of the auto box?