Hello and thanks for the invite

Pompey Andy

Hi and a very god day to you all. 

I have a 2011 Diesel Auto that is a joy to drive, very smooth change and fast through the box.

I have been experiencing an issue this last couple of months with the engine cutting out and the management light on after about 8 miles. Stop the car restart and all is fine other than the engine management that stays on for a couple of days then goes off.

I have had it in the garage and it is a fuel starvation fault, but strange that is not all the time but seems to be after 8 miles.

Any ideas Guru's.

Cheers

Andy 

Hi Andy

I wonder if it is the Turbo variable vanes gummed up, quite common on a lot of cars.

With the Automatic Transmission, it tends to shift up early and the Turbo would not get the spooling it needs to keep it clear of carbon.

Would suggest to get it scanned and see if it comes up with boost related issues.

If so, then an Italian Tune-Up is required to get it clear and keep it clean by driving it hard every so often

Hi Trevor thanks for the advice and definitely worth a go. In for a change of fuel filter first to see if that helps, but had one about 20K back I'll update after. It is strange as it happened again this morning, and it is when I've just climbed out of Portsmouth up Portsdown hill so pulling on the fuel then happens when I'm coasting down the other side of the hill.

Cheers

Andy 

Buongiorno Trevor. Day one tried did the Italian tune up as suggested on the way home, and good news this morning no issue. 

Yes Mick's is still there at the Starlight Club as it is called here, due to the steamy windows in the carpark, what could be better bit of fun with the missus followed by a monster burger and a cup of tea. Open 24/7 as it is right next to the hospital and all the Ambulances park in the carpark waiting for shouts. I had one from there a couple of days ago myself with cheesy chips 🙂, as he has a couple of vans at Fratton park on matchdays as well.

How do you know Micks were you a frequent visitor.

Chow 

Glad to hear the CRV is okay now.

I used to live in Port Solent and ride my motorbike up to the hill....lovely viewpoint and as for the burgers, what can I say....they're like a three-course meal and that's without the chips! 🙂

Port Solent, very nice, we often frequent the Harvester there or a Brazilian buffet restaurant there called Casa Brasil that is well worth a visit if you are back at anytime. It's above Watermark.

Fingers crossed on the CRV, I'll keep you posted, thanks

• Like 1

I do wonder if the fuel filter will resolve it but also if they scan it to see if there are any fault codes as may be something like the crankshaft sensor playing up.

Would be interested to know what it turns out to be

Sounds like it is running on a default setting while the EML is on and that is resulting in it running properly....in which case a sensor setting would be substituted for a known value....e.g. it definitely sounds like an engine sensor at fault

The guys in the garage looked up on the Honda Service page and apparently it needed a software update, so £54 for an hours labour. Great Saturday, but Sunday it did it. Nothing on the way to work Monday, but did it on the way home. Fine this morning.

Back in Thursday for another look.

Car was good again last night on the way home so I didn't put it in the garage, and was fine this morning. One thing I did do Monday was top up at an Esso garage rather than the Sainsbury's, bit more expensive but the diesel should be better.

It's difficult to regain confidence in a vehicle I find once it has played up, but after a while when it has gone wrong I tend to forget it and just continue driving with no problems....assuming it doesn't occur anymore in the future.

Well I have had 3 days now with the Supermarket diesel and all good, but will be using Shell in the future. I agree Trevor there is always a raised heartbeat  and fingers crossed when I'm in the outside lane overtaking a line of trucks, but I'm sure the confidence will come back.

Just an update the car has been fine with no incidents, have 1 tank Shell, then 1 Supermarket and all good. I fill up every 3 days so will be reaping both the Nectars and the Shell loyalty points. It's on an app now so just show them the Shell barcode on your phone and its logged that you've been in.

• Like 1