Supermarket v Brand Diesel

Pompey Andy

Good Morning All, just wondering if anyone has had issues using supermarket diesel rather than a brand name such as Esso or Shell. I know the brands claim that their diesel has better cleaning agents and you should get better mpg, but is that the case.

Any suggestions 

I find that the branded fuel is not that much more expensive than the supermarkets nowadays so I tend to use the better fuels (esso, bp, shell, texaco) they also have loyalty points which equate to money off in the long term so much lost by not using the supermarkets.

Generally tend to also notice the difference in performance but not really an increase in economy though

I put Esso in last week and my issue with the cutting out stopped, but put Supermarket in this week to see if it was that causing the issue, will let you know. That was 5p a litre more though in the Esso, the local Shell is only 2p more so will be Shell from now on if they keep it that price.