Moisture inside headlights and boot.

DynamiteDan

Hi there,

Well Basically I cleaned the front of the headlights today but I noticed a fair bit of moisture inside the light. Does anyone have any tips on how to stop moisture from getting in?

I don't have a problem taking them off. I will probably do it tomorrow as I have a 160 mile night trip to do. I read somewhere that you can take it out and fill it with water to see where water is getting in?

I don't really want to but new lights if possible. 

Also I have a puddle under my spare wheel in the boot. It's quite a lot of water in there. Is it probably the boot seal? tia

With the amount of rain we have had lately I am not at all surprised that its getting in everywhere.

The easiest and most accurate method to determine where water is getting in is to use a Smoke Generator which will leak the smoke out wherever the water is getting in, far easier to see it as well

31 minutes ago, Trevor said:

With the amount of rain we have had lately I am not at all surprised that its getting in everywhere.

The easiest and most accurate method to determine where water is getting in is to use a Smoke Generator which will leak the smoke out wherever the water is getting in, far easier to see it as well

Ok thanks mate.

If the condensation keeps coming back I will whip them out and have a proper look.

Will the heat from headlights dry them out as I drive? Or could the vent holes be blocked?