Scraping noise when going round right hand bend

Pompey Andy

DA, have just started getting a metallic scraping noise from the rear nearside when turning right. It's going in tomorrow as they said it might be the brake rear plate scratching. Do the 2011 CRV's have brake sensors on them, and the other strange thing is when I apply the brake it stops the grinding noise.

May be a wheel bearing I guess it has 92K on the clock.

Hi Andy

Sounds like the rear pads are getting low and reaching the audible wear indicator (thin plate that contacts the discs when brakes applied and sometimes when cornering which could indicate slight wheel bearing wear).

Also, make sure your diff fluid is changed regularly otherwise you get a clunking from the rear on full lock

Hi Trev, you were correct it was new pads and discs as the were below the minimum as well. £303 all in so not too bad and the first time I have had to change them since I got the car. I had the rear diff fluid changed at 65K as I was getting vibration on the steering wheel.

They use an audible wear indicator which is a thin piece of metal that comes into contact with the brake disc and create a scraping sound.

The fronts should have the same but if they look low I would be tempted to swap them out before they reach the wear indicator