creeky clutch pedal

Phil

My 120,000 mile diesel crv on a 58 plate has developed a creeky clutch pedal when letting the pedal off/up.

Honda want to change the whole pedal assembly, but i did hear there was a plastic bush assembly kit to basically re- seat the springs !! ??

Would appreciate any advise

Regards

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

hi Phil, 

I've had this problem for over a year,I've tried all sorts of lubricant,the last being a ceramic spray for bicycles from wilko £2.50 it will quiet it for quite a while but it will come back,Eric the car guy on 'you tube' said if you put the cotter pin back the other way round which will make it easier to do another time,I am going to do this when the weather

is better and coat the cotter pin with lithium grease at the same time as i think the cotter pin is the cause where it pivots,i think there is slight wear,i have a small piece of bamboo

to push the cotter pin out with to keep the pedal in place.hope this helps,you need to remove the panel by the pedal for access.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

It also may be the Slave cylinder causing this problem, a lot of reports on this don't know why Honda have not got this annoying problem sorted on a recall, it must be far easier for a Honda Mechanic to sort out than leave it to the Customer to resolve the problem