Immobiliser Problem

Rhys

Hi all, I’m in desperate need of help. 

I can’t disable the Immo on my 2007 CRV. I’ve changed the battery in the fob and on the car, I’ve checked all the fuses, tried to reprogramme the keys, all keys lost, bought a second hand replacement key fob reader on the key cylinder tried to reprogramme it, cried, kicked it, and still nothing. The maxicom tells me that the system is “not normal”, without any hint on what else is going on. 

I have a green flashing key constantly and an engine management light that comes on initially, blinks and goes out  it turns over but doesn’t fire up. 

The local Honda garage is 40 miles away and the RAC will only take me 10 miles from home. 

Does anyone have any hints on getting it started and solving the problem. 

thanks.

Hi Rhys....welcome to the forum

I have come across this issue with a Jazz of the same age and found the easiest solution was to replace the reader, immobiliser ECU and Engine Management ECU (I think, can't remember) along with a key.
I got the whole lot from eBay from a broken Jazz so it cloned the old vehicle identity and it worked fine and easy to replace the components.

When you changed the fob battery,did anything fall out,there is an insignificant small black square shaped 10mm oblong thing.this is what contains the number that is recognised

by the immobiliser and with out this it won't start.I only found this out by replacing a fob case,I left this black thing in the old case.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...