Crankshaft sensor location

Hi I have a mk3 2007 crv 2.2l diesel icdt 4x4 I have a Manuel on the honda civic and crv but I can't find the location of the crankshaft sensor . Looking underneath I think it might be behind the alternator which is fitted to a flange over what I think is the sensor ? Any help appreciated 

Hi Keith

I think you are right, but it will be either there or at the other end of the crankshaft near the flywheel.

Worth checking there first before removing any components.

How do you know it is the crank sensor, as they don't usually fail that often?

HI Trevor 

I had a problem just before Christmas when the car just stopped the RAC came and said it was a fuel pump issue and got me to my local garage 

they confirmed the issue and after replacing the pump the car would start fine when cold but after a 7 mile trip to Tesco's it was a bit temperamental to start only on the third turn of the key it started. which has never happened before . after a long run to Cornwall I had stopped for about 10mins and it was hard to get it to start again ,returning home I stopped a mile from home to drop a mate off and then when started up the engine management light came on so ask a mechanic to have a look , he put the computer on it and the code came up saying crankshaft sensor error 

I would probably think that it wouldn't be a crank sensor if the engine is running and restarts (albeit reluctantly).

If the fuel pump was replaced then there is probably air in the fuel filter head which if you pump the bulb then this will draw it to the top and then engine will fire up almost instantly.

If the bulb is weak and gets firmer with pumping it then you have air trapped in the system which needs to be bled out