Honda CR-V 2006

Brian

My daughter and I each have a Honda CR-V mine is a 2006 reg 2007 and my daughters is 2010 model,we have noticed on both cars that the drivers side front tyre keeps on losing air, and we obviously keep pumping to get back the required tyre pressure. After a few days the tyre pressure goes down. This happens continuously over a number of days. Both cars have been back to tyre companies who clean the wheel and that’s it, unfortunately the tyre companies have been unable to correct. The situation in either of our cars, help can anyone suggest a remedy, the tyre conditions are nearly new on both cars, and it is only the front drivers side tyre that is affected 

Hi Brian...welcome to the Forum

two things come to mind, are you both using the same tyre company?

and also have the rims been tested for cracks which could account for the slight air loss.

I personally use Slime in my tyres and has always cure the odd loss of air over time.

Lots of people say that it is not a permanent cure but I have run Slime in my tyres on motorbikes, campervan and cars and never had a puncture or lost air over any amount of time.

Worth a punt even if its just in the one tyre to see how it pans out

Let us know how you get on with it

Thanks Trevor for your prompt reply, my daughter and I used different tyre companies, neither of them mentioned cracks in the rim. But will certainly mention this when I go back to them, can you tell me the.best way to get Slime into the tyre ? Best regards

Thanks Trevor for your prompt reply, my daughter and I used different tyre companies, neither of them mentioned cracks in the rim. But will certainly mention this when I go back to them, can you tell me the.best way to get Slime into the tyre ? Best regards

note: thanks Trevor, I have looked up Slime at Halfords and will try that first 

You will need a GOOD air inflator (usually one at a petrol station) to inflate a completely flat tyre once you have removed the valve core.
Squeeze the correct amount into the tyre through the valve stem and reinsert the valve core and inflate the tyre to the correct pressure, that's it!

Let us know how you get on with it

• 6 months later...

On 10/22/2020 at 9:41 AM, Adespin said:

I have used Slime a couple of times, one front tyre, one rear, does the job fine apart from the fact that it caused the front wheel to go out of balance with vibration at over 60 mph.

Sometimes that can happen and noticed it on Dunlop more than any other tyre but this can occur on initial moving and if heavy braking occurs but otherwise not too noticeable when driving most of the time