FR-V Re fix pull down drawer flap (near steering wheel)

hchaloner

Hi

I have a 2008 1.8 EX FR-V. The little pull down flap drawer thing has come loose and fallen off along with a spring clip which somehow needs to be fixed to the drawer or housing. I've tried various ways this could go together but struggling to refit with the spring. The drawer door clips into please but drops down all of the time which I presume the spring clip keeps the drawer door in place when closed. 

Does anyone know how this goes together please? I would be very grateful to get some idea perhaps someone could post a picture of theirs so I can get an idea please? 

Many thanks 

IMG_20200413_094001.jpg

Hi...welcome to the Forum

The lid will act against the spring when opening and closing so I am assuming that the spring will be positioned in the lower part of the dash where the lid goes into.

It should just slow into a recess and fit snugly, then position the lid into the slot acting against the spring

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Trevor

Thanks for responding. I'm really struggling with this now and having spent a few hours in this I am no where nearer figuring this one out. Being an engineer this is very frustrating. Since me last post I have found another of the spring clips. 

If anyone is able to remove their drawer flaps and take a photo on the inside this would be really appreciated as may give me an idea how this goes together. I think I have all the parts. 

Thanks in advance 

that sounds incredibly frustrating and like you, I would be more determined to fix it or the alternative is to hurl it as hard as I can throw, cursing it and living with the empty space 🙂

Then its a case of sliding the protrusion from the top of the drawer into the opening between the two metal clips and then pushing the two hinge buckets on the drawer onto the cubby pivots (its an interference fit hinge assembly)

• Like 1

Many thanks for the picture - this has worked.  I was nearly there but now know how the clips were to be it wasn't working due to the spring clip tension being too wide so not closed and holding in place.  Many thanks for the help on this much appreciated.

On 5/15/2020 at 12:15 PM, hchaloner said:

Many thanks for the picture - this has worked.  I was nearly there but now know how the clips were to be it wasn't working due to the spring clip tension being too wide so not closed and holding in place.  Many thanks for the help on this much appreciated.

Not a problem👍

• 1 year later...
On 5/15/2020 at 10:16 AM, craigw0983 said:

The clip doesn't fix to the drawer, it fixes into the top of the cubby where it sits:

IMG_20200515_095653.thumb.jpg.3054fc37f2775aa0e9335fdfc26a5cbd.jpg

Now that is quite interesting. I'll take mine out of the drawer under the front middle seat where it's been sat for about a year now 🙂

Cheers Craig 😳