Engine Management light on 2018 CRV 1.6D Auto

mikeyB

New member 1st time post!

My 2018 1.6 diesel auto CRV  (bought from new) had been sitting on the drive not doing anything for 2.5 weeks and then I ventured out to to the shops but knew it would need a little run out but, 5 mins in to the motorway journey to the supermarket, it went into limp mode for the 1st time and then I also got the warning sign that the start/stop won't work as the battery is too low! I limped home and left it  a day. then took it out to try  again and basically run all the kinks out. I drove  for 30 mins and on the motorway at high-ish revs and the low battery start/stop warning light went  off but the engine management light stayed on.  Its a continuous light, not flashing so I'm hoping it potentially needs more longer drives to clear any blockages maybe? 

The car drove fine, no limp mode and no issues at all but I'm unsure of how to get rid of the light. 

I've phoned the main dealer we bought it from but they're closed due to covid-19 so any help would be appreciated as its the family car and I want to avoid major issues. if you can reccomend any other Honda dealers that are working remotely that could at least take a phone call, I could try that.

Thanks

Hi....welcome to the Forum

I would probably run it some more (when possible) and as long as the DPF is not blocking up due to limited use and the battery is charging okay then the light may go out.

If not and the vehicle drives fine then I wouldn't worry about it until you can take it into get it checked out.

Let us know what it turns out to be causing the light to stay on