Introducing myself

I've just joined and wanted to say hello.  I own a 2004 Accord saloon 2.4 Executive Auto with 85k miles which I bought as a Honda Approved Used Car in 2008.  The car is now a second vehicle (since 2016) but is still much loved and in great condition.  In my entire period of ownership it has needed nothing other than routine servicing, tyres and brake pads.  The car is now stored in a garage at a second home on a trickle charger for much of the year and when the rear brake pads were replaced last summer, one had seized in caliper so that had to be replaced too.  But that's the only niggle in 12 years of happy ownership!  I continue to use Honda main dealers for all work and find them excellent - John Banks Honda in Ipswich, Suffolk have maintained the vehicle since 2016 and I find them really excellent and very sensibly priced.

Hi....welcome to the Forum

Glad to hear you are having no issues with the Accord, usually when they are stored up this can result in certain problems, seized brakes, flat battery, etc but it sounds like you are not having any of these.

Trickling the battery is by far the best way to keep it in tip-top condition and not leaving the handbrake on helps to ensure that the pads don't seize to the discs.

I always believe that if you have such a reliable car and it doesn't owe you much then its not worth getting rid of as its then free motoring 🙂

I have BMW Z3 which i store up in the winter and dig out in the spring, flew the MOT test in the week and just needs polishing otherwise had it for years and it owes me nothing.

Good to have you onboard