Hello fellow Honda Enthusiasts, great to be here

Hello my friends, id like to take this opportunity to introduce myself I'm a huge Honda Fan I've driven many Hondas over the years. i currently Drive the Accord i-CDTi 2.2 2008. Its a joy to drive and has huge power. i look forward very much to hopefully chatting with some of you in due course. thanks alot.

Hi there!

I also have joined this site only few days ago. I have the i ctdi as well, very underrated engine in my opinion...

I had the timing chain replaced last year as it was noisy, apart from that I've had no engine related troubles what soever, seems to be quite reliable...

• Like 1

Hi...welcome to the forum 

The Accord CDTi is a superb machine with awesome MPG and power delivery from the engine.

Had to replace the Dual Mass Flywheel and Clutch on wife's Accord as she was putting on huge chunks of throttle in high gears so that the turbo was boosting and ripping up the flywheel.

I then told her to use lower gears and stay off the turbo, made a huge difference to her driving style (and much smoother journey) and cost me less in replacement parts

Good to have you onboard

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Charlie said:

Hi there!

I also have joined this site only few days ago. I have the i ctdi as well, very underrated engine in my opinion...

I had the timing chain replaced last year as it was noisy, apart from that I've had no engine related troubles what soever, seems to be quite reliable...

Its unusual for the chain to rattle but its still a wise thing to do as many a modern engine with chains seem to fail and then its game over.

I have an XTrail which I need to replace the chains as although its not rattling at the moment I'm sure it won't be long before it does and then maybe too late

5 hours ago, Trevor said:

Its unusual for the chain to rattle but its still a wise thing to do as many a modern engine with chains seem to fail and then its game over.

I have an XTrail which I need to replace the chains as although its not rattling at the moment I'm sure it won't be long before it does and then maybe too late

Having changed cambelts before I thought chains wouldn't be that much difference, until I looked online.... Sump off, injectors and cover off, crank pulley off, sheesh big job then. Had to phone around few garages to find one that does this...and the one I did wasn't too happy about it!!!

20 hours ago, Trevor said:

Hi...welcome to the forum 

The Accord CDTi is a superb machine with awesome MPG and power delivery from the engine.

Had to replace the Dual Mass Flywheel and Clutch on wife's Accord as she was putting on huge chunks of throttle in high gears so that the turbo was boosting and ripping up the flywheel.

I then told her to use lower gears and stay off the turbo, made a huge difference to her driving style (and much smoother journey) and cost me less in replacement parts

Good to have you onboard

Thank you my friend. I totally agree it is a work horse engine. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Charlie said:

Having changed cambelts before I thought chains wouldn't be that much difference, until I looked online.... Sump off, injectors and cover off, crank pulley off, sheesh big job then. Had to phone around few garages to find one that does this...and the one I did wasn't too happy about it!!!

That's the reason I haven't tackled the XTrail chain yet, mammoth job and can't be bothered but as soon as it starts even sounding like it could be rattling then I'm onto it.

Pretty much as you have listed but semi-accessible which is something I suppose

I had a 2010 Accord 2.2 CDTI Tourer. 80K on the clock when I bought it, had it 5 years 257K when I got rid of it. Only let it go because the exhaust filter light came on and the wife no longer wanted to drive our CR, I could have had the filter cleaned for a £120. Other than that everything worked perfectly, all electrics, air con, great sound system, electric tail working fine as well which was an issue on the early ones. Below is a list of the things that I did have to change.

The manifolds on these were two parts welded and they would leak, but most were changed by Honda under warranty.

Both front struts after 140K

One front wheel bearing and both back ones. Be careful with the front ones as they have a brake warning sensor that can snap when being removed, £200 from Honda only.

Small concertina type exhaust pipe at the rear of the engine, a bugger to get to so £700 to repair due to labour costs.

Just the other bug bear of mine the front headlamp bulb replacement, due to 30K a year had to replace at least once a year, and don't have the longest arms 😞

Other than that great, you'll enjoy your Accord.

Hi Pompey Andy! Am I right thinking you had the 8th gen accord? That's another reason I love the 7th gen, no diesel particle filter, although we do pay more tax because of this...

I've changed both rear bearings on mine, as well as sticking rear callipers...d.i.y job though so no big bucks...