Start/Stop not activating (battery symbol)

Scott

Hi all,

I purchased a Honda Jazz (2015 - 65 plate) last year in June. It is a 1.3 SE which has basic start/stop plus lane warning and a few other bits.

We have seen the start/stop activate on a few occasions but for the last 3 months or so we have noticed when you pop in neutral and release the clutch, the start/stop symbol appears on the dash with a battery symbol next to it.

We generally make short trips since lockdown and was wondering if that was the problem. We have in recent weeks done a few 10-15 mile trips and still no start/stop.

I purchased a CTEK smart charger and connected it to the battery, out of the possible 8 hour charge it dropped quickly to 2 hours and then actually only took 30 mins of charge before saying done.

Straight after charge I took on a 10-15 mile duel carriageway trip. Parked up a mile near home, no start/stop. Stopped the engine, started again and continued to home, pulled up on driveway, still no start/stop and battery symbol appearing again next to the start/stop symbol.

Does anyone else have this issue? Any thoughts on what it could be? It is the original battery (I think LB505 is on the side of it). Otherwise no other markings. It is only 4-5 years old so I didn't suspect the battery but maybe it is.

I have read the manual and there are many checks that are done at start-up and during drive to determine if start/stop can be activated.

It is just an annoyance to me at the moment. The first Honda I have ever owned but currently very disappointed.

Thanks in advance.

Scott 

Hi Scott....welcome to the Forum

Chances are it is the battery at fault and especially with the lockdown situation the car has not had much use and this will have an adverse effect upon the battery.

I would probably replace the battery with a quality replacement one and see if this cures it.

Let us know how you get on with it