Electric power steering

Sheach

Hi....welcome to the Forum

I would get a scan carried out on the system to get a more accurate account of what is occurring, e.g steering angle sensor, etc

Otherwise it could get very costly to replace parts unnecessarily.

Let us know what you find out

I got in touch with the local honda dealer and the car goes in on Thursday for a check. Whilst I was there I spoke to a mechanic and he assured me that there is no known issue with the electric power steering and because the light doesn’t appear on the dashboard he said that a diagnostic check was all he could suggest. I will let you know the outcome.

• Thanks 1

Dealer could not find any proiblem.  However they are going to contact Honda UK.  It seems I will just have to wait for an answer or until the fault develops further.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think I finally sussed out what was happening. The first time it happened the battery was almost dud.  the next time with the new battery it was down to a bad positive connection, it had come partly loose and I only discovered this when I went to start the car one day and there were no lights on the dash.  Since I recharged the battery and made sure the positive connection was perfect it has never happened again.  The positive battery on this car is a bad design as the two right angles above the clamp holes are facing the same way which means that one side of the clamp can climb on the other before it gets tight on the post.  I hope this makes sense to anyone who reads it.

• Like 1