New civic 2017+ which one to get: 1.5 or 1.0 litre turbo?

leepox

I've been reading around, and I'm getting a general sense that for some reason the 1.5 is just as economical, if not, more economical at motorway speeds compared to the 1 litre version?

However there are oil diultion issues with the 1.5 litre engines isn't there (or does this not affect 2018+ models)? Or is that just a problem with very cold countries? It looks like Honda has stopped the 1.5 litre production for now as I went to their website and the 1.5 litre engine option is now greyed out across all the civic range?

Also keen to get one in black so it looks clean (I think it hides the fake vents and stuff).

Tough call!

I suppose it is a case of trying both out for a period of time (extended road test e.g. 24 hours) 

Engine issues are hard to come back from so probably best to go for the reliability rather than economy in my mind

I will probably go and do that. The local Honda dealership just phoned up asking if I wanted to try both, how did they know?

Really keen as they have a 0% apr offer, so will end up with a Civic this time next week if all goes well.

• Like 1