1998 Stepwagon suspension

Hi - dipping toes in here - new UK owner of 1998 Stepwagon (import) with LPG, 125k miles. So now beginning to learn Honda lore - for example, suspension - mine is full of clonks and the handling is soggy.

AFAIK mk1 Stepwagon is related to CR-V and Civic of that era, so I wonder if it's therefore also related to Rover 400. Shopping for suspension parts e.g. on ebay, what models to search for and shd I check out Rover as well?

With Honda, is it usual to get new wishbones, links etc, or fit new bushes to existing, and does that require presses or separators?

Questions like that - all tips gratefully received.

Hi....welcome to the forum

With suspension components is it sometimes difficult to exactly determine what else would fit as a substitute but I would be surprised if it were any Rover components though.
Maybe it would be easier to source bushes and press them into existing suspension arms as a cheaper and more durable option going forward?

Hi, thanks.

I'm answering part of my Q by looking thro UK online parts catalogues. On front suspension so far, a couple of CR-V mk1 items are same as Rover, most but not all same as Civic mk5 and 6, CRX mk3. Don't know where I can find out where Stepwagon Mk1 is same/differs from CR-V mk1, its closest cousin AFAIK.

Useful to know what is not same, as well as what is. Or maybe won't help, but I know that searching Ebay for Fiat parts, then Lada, FSO, Lancia, Alfa etc can turn up more choice in equivalents.

I'd still like to know what is usual practice with Honda - get new wishbones, links etc, or fit new bushes to existing, and does that require presses or separators?