Trailer fitting bulb problems

Phil54

Hi I have been fitting a trailer to my civic 1.0 I decided to get the tow bar fitted , then I had to wire up the trailer once I fitted the trailer to the car and pushed in the electric plug and tried the lights , first of all I got them all working apart from the back near side so I took the light cover of while the car was running with lights on then I noticed the terminal was not touching the bulb so I move it over to touch it as I did the trailer lights went out apart from the indicators they still work but no tail lights all the car lights still workI have not tried the the brake lights on the trailer, now to me I would think it must be a fuse but where would it be any one got any ideas or any one got any other ideas what it could be it has me baffled

Thanks phil54

Sounds simple but have you checked they are all the correct bulbs fitted as the wrong type can affect all the other bulbs as well (e.g. 1 contact Brake light bulb fitted to 2 contact holder, etc)

They only went out when I moved the terminal on the bulb so it was contacting both contacts and yes all bulbs are correct they worked for a second then went of what I need to know is there any fuses for trailer bulbs? Thanks

• Like 1