Hello

Eureka

Just saying hello.

Currently own a 2006 Honda CR-V that have owned for the best part of 6 years now.

Been one of the most useful cars we have owned.

Original owner ticked pretty much all the options that were available back when it was new so it has some quite rare options fitted which gives it the look that first attracted me to it.

Over the years its been a reliable car with it having a couple of issues over the years.

In fairness to the car only one of the issues was the cars fault & the other issues it has had were down to circumstances.

Luckily I know my way around a toolbox so sorting the problems wasn't a issue especially since I got my HDS working.

I have thought about swapping the CR-V for something else a few times, being petrol and auto it likes a drink about town, but keep coming back to its just so good at what it does & every year it keeps passing the MOT without a issue so may as well keep it for the forseeable. 

Hi.....welcome to the Forum

I hear so many people saying how much they love their CR-V and you definitely are a fan of this wonderful Honda vehicle.

I can honestly state that my CR-V is probably the best car I have ever owned and wished I had got one many years back 

Good to have you onboard

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the welcome.

I spoke to the previous owner of my CR-V shortly after I bought it and the first thing she asked me was could she buy her CR-V back.

After looking for a CR-V of the spec I wanted for a period of time I declined and the rest is history.

In fairness to our CR-V its done sterling service for us & that involved it being used as a van for a few weeks after we were flooded.

The only issue with the car in nearly 6 years of everyday use that was a out and out failure was one of the pressure sensors on the auto gearbox.

When the sensor failed the car still drove but it had the flashing "D" light on the dashboard indicating a fault.

The code proved which sensor it was and after that it was just a case of changing the sensor.

The other issues its had can be blamed on the flooding that the CR-V was also caught up in.

Luckily water didn't enter the CR-V but it did get to the suspension and brakes which required parts changing due to being submerged for a period of time.

Its just coming upto needing another set of tyres fitting.

I cant remember the last car I had that had more that one set of new tyres fitted.

At least the choice of tyre is easy. When I got the CR-V it had Bridgestone duelers fitted which I wasn't keen on.

The Michelin Cross Climate tyres had just been released and were doing really well in the tyre tests so fitted some.

They have been superb. So much so that I am going to replace them with more Michelin Cross Climates.

It will probably get a new battery before winter as the current one was new when we got the car so at nearly 6 years old its getting a little tired.

Other than that after its recent MOT and oil service  I cant see any reason to change the car at any point in the future for few years.

• Like 1

great to hear that you've had no major issues, flooding aside.

It would probably be a good idea to swap out the battery if its been in there for that long, always fail when its the coldest weather as well so don't want to be caught out without a replacement one to hand