Glovebox, boot & window switch

Loofer

Hi all, just bought a 2005 FRV CDTI.

Got a few niggly bits I need to sort out...

1. the boot wouldn’t shut closed, i.e. that reassuring click-clunk you get. When I eventually got it to shut and lock, it now won’t open. I’m assuming it could be the latch. I should’ve given it a spray of WD40 when it was open. Is there anyway to open the boot from inside? What could be the problem?
  2. cant believe we didn’t notice this when looking at car but the glovebox handle is missing, so we can’t open that. It’s just a whole there.
  3. The driver’s electric window switch is faulty. It appears I can’t just replace the button, I have to replace the whole electric window switch console (that controls rest of windows in car). Not sure if it’s a common fault as I was searching for the part on eBay and the only one available also has a faulty drivers button. How do I take the switch console out? Can I prise it out or do I have to remove the trim first?

other than scouring eBay and scrapyards, are there any known part suppliers?

I think the boot can be opened by taking the panel off from inside the vehicle.

Most of the plastic trims should just clip in and require a firm hand to detach the clips from the panels.

You should be able to find some parts on Ebay to replace the defective components

14 minutes ago, Trevor said:

I think the boot can be opened by taking the panel off from inside the vehicle.

Most of the plastic trims should just clip in and require a firm hand to detach the clips from the panels.

You should be able to find some parts on Ebay to replace the defective components

Thanks for responding Trevor.

After faffing around inside the boot and looking at the mechanism when I took the plastic trim off, I’ve found a sticking plaster solution. The issue appears the be the boot lid handle doesn’t return back to its position, it’s stays in its “pulled” position. So for now, I just remember to push the handle back in. If I get time I’ll try and remove to see if it just needs a bit of WD40.

The Glovebox I found the metal cable inside which I just tug on and can open. I just need a lock handle to attach to it.

the electric window switch seems to be like hens teeth. can find individual ones for rest of the door easily on eBay but not the complete console that I need.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hi did you manage to replace the window control unit in the end?  Was it just the switch or the whole thing?  I have a loose drivers switch on the control unit which functions but as the button is loose has become very sensitive to the touch, it’s only a matter of time before the window gets stuck in the down position!

22 minutes ago, iceman2010 said:

Hi did you manage to replace the window control unit in the end?  Was it just the switch or the whole thing?  I have a loose drivers switch on the control unit which functions but as the button is loose has become very sensitive to the touch, it’s only a matter of time before the window gets stuck in the down position!

Hi, I couldn’t find a replacement for a price I was willing to pay so I just took mine apart, prised off the button, glued the lever a bit and stuck the button back on. It works now but has symptoms like yours, over sensitive

2 minutes ago, iceman2010 said:

Does the unit just pull out or you have to remove the dash?  I see on pictures that the unit has 3 screws so assume these are behind the dash?

If I recall, I had to remove the underside of the dash to unscrew it and also prose off the upper side to meaneouvre the control panel out. 3 fidly bolts