Best Oil for Accord 2006

Michal

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

0w20 is the current Honda recommendation. Honda petrols are not fussy, in the past Honda have also had 5w30, 5w40 as the official recommendation. Honda grade 0w20 is easy enough to source and cheap. I use Exol branded and buy in 20L drums, costs around £60-£65 usually and good for 4 oil changes. I've been using it in my 2.0 FRV (also K20 like the Accord) for a number of years now.

• 2 years later...

Any 0W-xx oil are always better than 5w-XX because only high quality base stock oil can achieve 0w grade. Most wear are during cold start when the viscousity is 10x higher than at optimum temperature.

I recommend any API SP certified  0w-20 or 0w-30 oil.  Shell platinum Ultra, Mobil 1, Ravenol, Amsoil, Castrol are among the best oil makers. Do it every 5k miles/6 months to reduce/prevent oil consumption. 

Longlife oil 508/509 certified can be used too but they are more expensive because of much higher PAO with -55C or lower pouring temp. 

Edited by JohnD