FRV alarm malfunctioning

nk77

Hi,

My FRV car alarm is constantly sounding. The key fob locks and unlocks the doors, and the car can be driven, but the alarm keeps on sounding intermittently.

The car alarm must have drained the battery, which has been replaced.

I have changed the batteries on the key fob, and tried disconnecting the sensor attached to the bonnet mechanism/ lock.

Nothing seems to work.

If anyone has encountered this, and can suggest a fix, I'd be very very grateful!

Thanks

Hi....welcome to the Forum

If you have disconnected the bonnet it will need to be earthed out to show a complete circuit as it may be faulty but the wire will need to be grounded for it to work and then eliminate that if not the issue.

Check also all door sensors, should be able to do the same as the bonnet switch to eliminate these also.

My FR-V goes throgh this whenever iaccidentally leave the internal passenger convenience lights on which drains the battery. it usually sounds for a bit until the battery has fully charged.

I also had another time where i had some rubbish in the boot latch / lock which prevented the boot form closing / earthing properly and causing the alarms to sound until i cleaned out the lock. that one took a few days to work out.

• Like 1