Steering noise

bags89

Hi all! I have a 2007 Honda Civic Type S, which up until recently has been incredibly reliable! However it has developed an issue with a loud high pitched almost grinding noise when going around bends. This noise is very intermittent and seems to depend on the force of the bend. It does however happen every time without fail on reverse. My father, who is very handy has had a look and is stumped. It has also been into a garage for a quick look and they cannot see anything wrong. Typically they took it for a quick test drive and it didn’t make the noise.

I understand the 2007 civics are electrical power steering. My father can see a pipe in the engine which is stumping him. He is almost convinced it’s a case of it needing a top of oil however he simply cannot find where it would go. 
I’ve been hoping it’s not the steering rack, steering seems very solid, no issues other than the noise. =\
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks 

Hi bags89 ..... welcome to the Forum

My first thoughts are a wheel bearing or even a driveshaft issue....worth checking for play in both.

Otherwise, are any disc pads worn low as sometimes they can emit a similar noise 

Let us know what you find