Help needed

Wrinkley

Hi Wrinkley ....welcome to the Forum

The Aerodeck is a superb looking car and getting quite rare now.

Any local mechanic should be able to scan and measure each ABS sensor to establish which one is defective and easy enough to replace

Let us know how you get on with it

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for that. We have now tried two local garages. The first said it was the ABS pump and they couldn't get one. This was just in the first stages of lockdown (MAY) when I took it in for MOT. They serviced it and said it would pass its MOT on everything else, but they would have to fail it on the ABS light being on. I got an extension to December. It seems the problem is the rear right sensor (according to husband would did the diagnostic check). We took it to another garage who said it was too old for their diagnostic tools. I am very fond of this car, which I have had from new. The plate on the back says it's a Civic Aerodeck VTEC 1.6IES.

At the moment I'm despairing! I don't want to  let it go. It's only got just over 90K miles on it.

Can you recommend anyone in Cheshire/Staffordshire/Shropshire who could do the job?