It's time for new tyres,

Adespin

Personally I have had a set of Michelin CrossClimate tyres fitted to our CRV for the last 5 and a half years.

They are getting to the point where I will be changing them at some point next year.

They still have nearly 3mm all round.

Ours was fitted with Bridgstones when we got it. They wernt that worn but I felt they were quite poor in the wet.

The michelins are night and day different to the Bridgestones that were fitted.

Our CRV does wear the edges of the tyres slightly but that could be down to driving style rather than issue.

Have had the geometry checked and the 2006 crv we have is within factory tolerances.

Maybe time for a geometry check?

The rear suspension is adjustable and the rear alignment is usually the reason for any tyre wear across the vehicle.

Ensure that the mechanics align the rear first before moving onto any other adjustments.

It also cures the cursed veering to the nearside of the road

The adjustment you need is the track (whether the wheel is pointing forward or off to the side slightly).
This sometimes comes about if the rear wheel has been bumped against a kerb hard enough to knock the alignment out slightly.

There are adjustable link arms but the locknuts can be a bit tight and may need freeing off first.

If they start from the rear of the vehicle first and then check the front afterwards, most don't bother and just compensate by making adjustments to the front only.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...