boot door doesn't unlock

Edward Hayes

OK...but the thing is I can hear the lock mechanism working/moving when I lock and unlock the doors using the key fob etc...the car manuel says if the door won't open remove the small panel at the back of the door and insert the ignition key into a slot located there and turn clockwise and it should open ( it didn't) so I'll check the wire in the door jam just in case...cheers 🍻 

The handles/mechanisms on the FRVs tailgates tend to stick. I've gotten around this without having to take anything apart, simply spray some lubricant up into the handle area, preferably with the fine tube attachement to generate additional pressure. Expect some lubricant to flow down onto the bodywork, but the lubrication alone should free the mechanism without further issue.

Quince

OK...but the thing is I can hear the lock mechanism working/moving when I lock and unlock the doors using the key fob etc...the car manuel says if the door won't open remove the small panel at the back of the door and insert the ignition key into a slot located there and turn clockwise and it should open ( it didn't) so I'll check the wire in the door jam just in case...cheers 🍻 

On 10/29/2020 at 4:50 PM, qc2 said:

The handles/mechanisms on the FRVs tailgates tend to stick. I've gotten around this without having to take anything apart, simply spray some lubricant up into the handle area, preferably with the fine tube attachement to generate additional pressure. Expect some lubricant to flow down onto the bodywork, but the lubrication alone should free the mechanism without further issue.

Quince

Hi Qc2 , I did as you suggested and it worked a treat , I sprayed a liberal amount of WD40 in and around the boot door handle using the tube attachment, and left it for half an hour , when I tried the handle there was full movement but the door didn't open, so I locked and unlocked the doors using the key fob , and tried again and...Hurrah !! it opened and has been working ever since....Thanks for your great advice it is very much appreciated....cheers 🍻

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 9:01 AM, Trevor said:

Let us know how you get on with it and what you find causing it to not open

Hi Trevor , I took the advice of Qc2 ( Quince ) and sprayed some WD40 in and around the boot door handle ( apparently they have a habit of sticking ) using the long tube attached to the cannister, then I left it for half an hour, when I pressed the door handle it moved fully but the door didn't open , so I used the key fob to lock and unlock all the doors , and when I tried the boot again it opened with ease and has been fully operational ever since . I hope this has been of use to you ...cheers !