What other wheels fit the frv plz

Trix

• 1 month later...

On 11/8/2020 at 12:14 PM, Trix said:

Plz help

Anything with the same PCD, bore, and Offset should fit. As an example, I have a set of S2000 17 inch alloys with summer tyres (225/45/17), and the standard 16 inch FR-V alloys with winter tyres for the cold part of the year - everything other than August then 🙂 The spec for both vehicles matches, so a straight fit without any adjustments - other than lower profile tyres.

There's a very good article which describes PCD, Bore, and Offset at Alloy Guide although you'll probably find other similar descriptions too. Bear in mind that the Bore is the bit in the middle which bears the weight of the car, so even if you can't find a good set with the correct bore, you can always pad it out with spigot rings (as is often the case with generic aftermarket wheels). Personally I prefer genuine Honda as long as they look good, and work properly.

FYI the spec for the FR-V is:

PCD = 5 x 114.3

Offset = 45 to 50

Bore = 64.1mm

You'll also find tyre size calculators useful if you go up or down a rim size. Try Wheel Size- it might look a bit techie at first, but once you get the gist of things it's not too bad

If you need wheel spacers, have a look at Superforma - there's also an explanation of PCD, Offset, Bore under the Guides section

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Not to Hijack a tread but while on the subject of wheels has anyone attempted to put on larger diameter wheels on an FRV or have any suggestions as to how large one could go before having rubbing issues?

(personally, to me the stock wheels just look too small and the car would look a lot nicer with a slightly larger wheel)

Edit* just re-Read the first reply and realised you mention you 17inc alloys on so yeah they would be bigger then my stock 15's 😂🤣

Edited by Anthony

On 8/5/2021 at 7:07 PM, Anthony said:

Not to Hijack a tread but while on the subject of wheels has anyone attempted to put on larger diameter wheels on an FRV or have any suggestions as to how large one could go before having rubbing issues?

(personally, to me the stock wheels just look too small and the car would look a lot nicer with a slightly larger wheel)

Edit* just re-Read the first reply and realised you mention you 17inc alloys on so yeah they would be bigger then my stock 15's 😂🤣

16" is the stock size on the later FR-Vs - there should be plenty of those knocking around

As long as the overall radius stays the same you shouldn't have problems with rubbing. Use the calculator here to compare your stock size to whatever you want to change to: https://tire-calc.com/

17" Accord Euro R wheels look good if you can find them 🙂👍

• Thanks 1

So to expand on this a little more, I'm thinking of keeping my 15" steelies but putting All-Terrain tyres on, looks like the smallest ATs I can get is 205/65 R15 which is one size up from the recommended size of 195/65R15 or 205/55R15 etc.

Has anyone tried fitting AT's and if so has anyone encountered any rubbing issues?