CR V 1.6 dtec 2015 - 2019 - Is it good motorway cruiser?

demiro

Hi All,

I am driving 1.6 dtec Civic at the moment and I am looking to upgrade to CRV as my new family car.

I had a test drive at local dealership driving mix city / A roads but have no idea how car will perform during longer motorway drive 

I would appreciate any comments on 

1. cabin noise 

2. long distance comfort

3. enough power do overtaking 

Hi I have this model, I find it very good on long journeys. I don't drive regularly on motorways but when I have it's been faultless got up to 55.4mpg on a run up to Yorkshire from Essex driving at normal speeds.

Noise:- not intrusive .  but this will really depend on the tyres fitted.

Comfort:- not a car I feel the need to keep stopping in. none stop from North Norfolk back to Essex with ease.

Overtaking:- I have the 160bhp engine its perfect for motorway speeds, it's not a racing car obviously but easily got past the middle lane when needed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have had a 2017 1.6 160bhp Diesel CRV for about four months now and I think its a brilliant motorway cruiser and would thoroughly recommend it. I had a 2.2 diesel Accord tourer before that and the CRV is as good if not better than the Accord. The 160 bhp 1.6 diesel is an amazing engine shame they dropped it 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This been very useful... Thanks you both for replying.

My main concern is the cabin noise at motorway speeds.

Last year I drove to Italy with roofbox on to of my 9th gen civic and it was to noisy to easly speak with pasangers and enjoy it whole journey. And even without it is not the best insulated car when you pickup the speed.

With CRV bigger boot size i would not need roofbox, i hope.

Did anyone any experience driving civic and post 2015 CRV?

cheers