Newbie CR-V 2013 buying advice, warranty?

Nickyt

Hi everyone

i have just reserved my 2013 CR-V 2.2 dtec to collect next weekend. It has 55,000miles on the clock. FSH
I just wanted to ask a few questions to be prepared for when I collect it.

- if there anything I should be checking for with that sort of mileage that should have been done or any issues?

- is there any work that will be due to be done at that mileage? I believe these are chain driven?(correct me if I’m wrong). But anything else?

- finally the dealer is offering 3 months warranty as standard but with the option to increase to 12 months RAC warranty. Is this worth the paper it’s written on? At £300 extra. Any one had any good or bad experiences. It seems to only cover mechanical failure not any thing they can class as wear and tear. Worth a punt or not?

Thank you 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...welcome to the forum

How are you getting on with the CR-V?

Sorry for the late reply but here it is:

No issues to be aware of as long as the car has been treated well and maintained as it should be.

It has a timing chain and doesn't suffer from any issues.

Generally the CR-V is a superb car and mine has never let me down

How about have the rear diff oil changed, that's normally about 60K miles. About £100 at the garage but may be worth asking for it to be done before you buy.

My 2011 CRV is just coming up to 116K and it needs it's front struts changed, that's the only issue I have had.

Oh forgot about the firmware update. I had an issue with the car cutting out randomly, this was found to be a software update, been fine since.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Loving it Trevor.

I had been having some issues with the rear parking sensors but the dealer I purchased the car from have paid for new ones from Honda. So really pleased with that( the entire quote was £480 for the diagnosis, 2 new sensors and fitting.)

I really want to get a spoiler for her now. So saving up for the genuine one from coxes motor parts next month 🙂

lovely car though and drives lovely.