hybrid batteries

Devon

Hello I have a 2008 honda civic automatic Hybrid, I Had a quote from honda for a new battery pack ( £2367) inclusive of fitting and vat. the warranty they give is for a 12 month as it is classed as a spare part. The warranty on new car batteries when new was for 5 years or a 100,000 miles. has any one have advise on what the warranty should be surely the battery manufactures of the batteries should have a warranty of 5 years /100,000 miles.

thank you for any input.

On 1/25/2021 at 2:56 PM, Devon said:

Hello I have a 2008 honda civic automatic Hybrid, I Had a quote from honda for a new battery pack ( £2367) inclusive of fitting and vat. the warranty they give is for a 12 month as it is classed as a spare part. The warranty on new car batteries when new was for 5 years or a 100,000 miles. has any one have advise on what the warranty should be surely the battery manufactures of the batteries should have a warranty of 5 years /100,000 miles.

thank you for any input.

i replaced mine in 2017 and it was around £1400 all in. Warranty I received was 3 years unlimited mileage. This was via Lookers Honda Orpington

I remember calling aroud at the time, Holdcroft Honda also quoted a similar price. The battery was listed at 1132.66 ex VAT, fitting was down being included with the £99 ex vat IMA fault investigation charge which included the usual healthcheck