Vibrations 40-50mph,

Geordieguy

Hello, I've joined this group in the hope that someone can help me diagnose and fix a problem with my 2010 honda Type S when accelerating between 40-50mph my car vibrates from the front passenger side.

Wheel alignment checked, Wheels checked and swapped, tyres changed too, yet the issue persists.

Has anyone suffered from similar and if so how did you fix it?

I'm starting to think it could be driveshaft related.

Thanks for taking your time to read this, I'd as appreciate any feedback.

• 1 month later...

On 4/17/2021 at 7:26 PM, George said:

Hi

I'm curious as well as I have the same problem and literally just replaced the driveshaft and the half shaft and the problem is still on

Worth jacking the car up and rotating the front wheels and looking at the tread that contacts the road to see if there is any deformation on the shape of the tyre.

Have seen this many times and a lump or mis-shapen tyre will create the symptoms you describe

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 11:56 AM, Trevor said:

What make tyres have you fitted?

Royal Black, my car shakes somewhere between 40 and 55mph, doesn't matter what gear is in and I can feel it only on driver's side, nothing on the passenger side, I even switched wheels front to back and done the balancing again last week and no problems with the tyres

Trouble is that the vibration is at a high(ish) speed and difficult to diagnose a static or dynamic imbalance at that speed as tyre machines can only simulate low rotational speed to balance the wheel and tyre.

I used to fill tyres with a puncture prevention liquid which would throw out under centrifugal force and coat the inside of the tyre (Slime is very similar).

However, on some tyres (Dunlop in particular) it would not adhere to the inside of the tyre and create a dynamic imbalance which was noticeable at a similar speed to what you have described.
In your case, I imagine you have not equipped your tyres with puncture preventative fluid so we could probably discount this as a possible cause.

Other causes could be loose wheel nuts, something dropped into the tyre, tyre defect which is not showing at lower speeds / wheel balancer.
Maybe remove the offending wheel and examine everything carefully to see if anything is amiss