Undercarriage Picture

bendybead100

Good morning everyone. I was hoping someone could tell me what this part is that seems to be hanging down from the underside of my car. I just wanted to check first before I went to the garage so that I know what they should be fixing or not. Sorry but i've had a couple of bad experiences with garages so I would really appreciate any advice. There was a tiny pool of water that came out of this bit that's hanging down so I'm baffled. It's in the middle directly underneath the two front seats. Thanks in advance., Sarah.

under.jpg

Hi Sarah....welcome to the Forum

I cannot quite see the detail as it is a bit dark but if it is between the two front seats and is emitting water then it is more than likely the air conditioning waste hose which is when the air cond draws down moisture from the inside of the car it then dumps it out on the floor under the car when you pull up.

If it looks like a hose/pipe then thats what it more than likely is.

It doesn't look like the hose to expel the air cond residue but that could be above it and dropping down onto the plastic tray as seen in the photos.
If it doesn't have a chemical smell to it (e.g. fresh water and not antifreeze) and nothing is leaking from the cooling system.....coolant level is still where it should be then it is more than likely the air con.
In which case you don't need to worry about it, but I would definitely check the coolant level is correct and not leaking to be on the safe side.