Michelin tyre wear

Walter

This is my first post and arises through the results of the first two annual service reports on my HR-V. Due to the pandemic, the car has only completed around 11,000 miles and yet tyre wear is being reported on the front wheels as 3mm! I took this to Honda and Michelin last year and, frankly, they fobbed me off with the usual generic platitudes. I have now shown the car to a major tyre dealer who was interested to see so much wear from a so-called premium tyre. I had 2 CR-Vs on PCP contracts prior to the HR-V and both cars achieved 3 years and 30,000 miles without tyre warnings. The tyres on these models were Continental.

2 queries here: - Have others seen this - what do you think?

What should I choose to replace these tyres? I can state one thing - it won't be Michelin! My tyre dealer is looking into this as well. I would like to fit a 4 season tyre as I would like to take the car to the Alps next winter.

Hi.....welcome to the Club

I would say the tyres are of a soft compound and if the wear is on the fronts only then they are being scrubbed by driving and steering which would understandably cause wear.
However, if it is on one edge only then this suggests some inconsistencies in the steering geometry.

Thanks Trevor. Wear is consistent across the tyres and rears have more left on them. My dealer said that a number of customers had complained. Wear with Continental tyres on my previous CR-Vs was infinitely better.

There were 2 things I felt let down on with the HR-V - tyres and the lack of Apple Airplay which is present on models sold in some other regions like the US. I understand that Honda UK didn't want to pay for the license and left it out here. Satnav and the screen seem very dated so hope these are refreshed when HR-Vs return in 2022.

In most other respects we're very happy with the car - my wife prefers it to the CR-V.

• 1 month later...