Radio not working, everything else is.

EdwardL

Looking for any hints or tips please.

A few days ago the radio on my CRV EX 2009 stopped working.  But strangely everything else (CD, Aux, voice control, satnav sound) all works just fine.

The unit is able to auto scan and record all local stations (so I assume not an aerial issue)   RDS works fine.  I can select a station but zero sound.  Switch to CD or Aux and sound is just fine. Steering wheel controls work fine (but not on radio).

Carefully went through the handbook and gone through all the menus, everything seems fine.  Powered off the car (disconnected battery) and still no radio signal getting through.  On some websites there is mention of rebooting the unit (by holding down volume button) but that does nothing on mine.

Most frustrating. 

Any help appreciated.

cheers

E

It does sound like an issue with the head unit and maybe a reboot will resolve it.
I know there are a huge amount of settings in the back end of the subsystems relating to volume and other functions.
Would need to refer to the handbook again for accessing them though

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Trevor said:

It does sound like an issue with the head unit and maybe a reboot will resolve it.
I know there are a huge amount of settings in the back end of the subsystems relating to volume and other functions.
Would need to refer to the handbook again for accessing them though

Any ideas on how to reboot Trevor? I've looked in the most obvious places (manual, interweb etc) but can't find this detail.

cheers

Edward

• 1 year later...
On 3/23/2021 at 7:55 AM, Trevor said:

To reset the honda crv audio system, turn on the ignition, turn the sound on, then hold the power button down until it resets.

Hi, I have a 2001 crv and the battery ran dead from sitting for a long time with the anti theft on. now the radio will not work, the screen shows an error code with either a number or a letter depending on the day. the radio turns on and off by pushing the button in and pushing it in and holding it doesn't do anything.

any ideas?

tia,

Bob