HI from lincoln uk

Baz

new to this site, just bought a 2007 CRV 2.2 EXI-CTDI anyone have one and how do you rate them and any known issues, also what is the correct engine oil for this model i believe this model does Not have DSP.

Regards all

-

The oil you have in the CRV is synthetic, any good quality Synthetic 0W-30 will do.

I have a 2011 CRV same as yours, mines an auto, and things to look out for in my experience are:

1: The front struts and lower arms will do about 110K then will need replacing as the 2.2 is a lump.

2: I had an issue around 90K when the car would cut out occasionally, it would start straight away after but a bit scary. This was cured with a software update.

3: Issue with exhaust manifold leaking, as these are two parts welded together. They were recalled and fixed for free if less than 100K and 6 years so it may have been done already.

Remember to change the rear diff oil at 60K intervals.

Bought mine with 60K on, now has 120K and still love it, comfy loads of room and starts first time, I do 30K a year so needed something reliable.

Had a 2.2 diesel Accord Tourer MK8 before that, had issues 1 and 3 mentioned above with that, but done 257K in that and everything was working fine with it, only got rid of that because wifey didn't want to drive anymore.

And guess what she wants to drive again now so will be looking for a Civic soon me thinks, colleague at work has just got a Civic Type R and I'm smitten.

• Like 1

cheers for the info Andy i do know from the MOT advisory that the N/S front and rear struts have just a bit of misting around them so will replace them at some point, also noticed the gear change is a bit lumpy and when changing from 5th to 4th sometimes hit 2nd gear also noticed the heated seats appear not to be working so must have a look and see why that is otherwise very happy with it the car has done 138,000 miles and was a lease hire vehicle and had some recalls according to paperwork, oh and had a knew clutch fitted not long before i bought it that was one of the reasons why i decided to buy it.

• 2 weeks later...

A new clutch will be good, as said before my Accord done 257K on the same clutch and was fine, so I'm surprised the clutch has been changed, was it used for towing. The heated seats may be something simple like fuses, they also only work when sat on them , in case you have just been feeling with your hand. 

Happy motoring 

• Like 1

no never been used for towing 3 owners before me one was a lady and car was ex lease hire, heated seat fuse is not blown so thats ok, was not aware the seats only work when sat on but will check the  circuits and make sure theres no problem there.