Different sized wing mirrors on mk7?

Rikki

Hi

First time posting on the forum. All help appreciated. A lovely toe rag smashed off the passenger mirror on my 03 civic. I bought a replacement on ebay and have tried to fit it today without success. The three bolts on the replacement mirror don't line up with the holes in the door frame so I can't fix it in place. The 2 x bottom bolts go through, the top one however in the "triangle" is about an inch away. I'd checked the part number on the underside of the replacement mirror and my intact driver side mirror. Both are 010672. As well as the top bolts being in different places, it looks like the plastic triangular fascia that should sit flush on the outside of the door when fitted is a slightly different shape so even if the bolts lined up with the holes, I'm not sure it would sit flush. Were there variants of this mirror? I can't find anything to suggest there was but I can't understand why the 2 I have are different sizes and even if I ordered another, how I'd be sure I wouldn't have the same problem? 

Thanks in advance

Hi ....welcome to the Club

I guess if you could drill another hole to accommodate the bolt thats in a different position or the other option would be to remove it and secure with two bolts which may be sufficient to securely retain it to the car.

Let us know how you get on with it