Jazz spare spacesaver wheel.

Stubsey

I purchased a spacesaver wheel for the wifes 2012 Jazz which had 15" wheels. We have just changed the wifes Jazz for a 2018 model which has 16" wheels. The salesman at the Honda garage insisted I didn't have to buy a new spare wheel as the one purchased for the earlier vehicle would fit the new one. Can this be right as the wheel sizes are different?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 4/16/2021 at 7:20 PM, Stubsey said:

I purchased a spacesaver wheel for the wifes 2012 Jazz which had 15" wheels. We have just changed the wifes Jazz for a 2018 model which has 16" wheels. The salesman at the Honda garage insisted I didn't have to buy a new spare wheel as the one purchased for the earlier vehicle would fit the new one. Can this be right as the wheel sizes are different?

Yes, The 15inch rim fits but has a larger profile tyre so almost the same diameter. They all have 50mph speed limit and only to get you to the nearest tyre centre so anything is better than sitting on the ide of a motorway awaiting mega expensive solution. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I am thinking about purchasing a new Hybrid jazz and was wondering about whether it has (or you can purchase one after buying car) a spare wheel?....I hate the tyre repair kit method of fixing a puncture. Also as an OAP who has always had a spare tyre in the boot much prefer the 'belt 'n braces' approach to life's problems...in this case a puncture😀😋

• 4 months later...