Sat nav dvd drive

Barry

Hi all I am nee here,

Anyone replaced or repaired their satnav dvd drive ?
I have found loads with the same part number but different ref number will they work ?
What are the inputs on the back ?
Thanks in advance
barry

there are 2 systems for facelift (2006-08) and pre facelift (2003-05). the dvd drives although similar in appearance are not interchangeable between the 2 systems and have different rear connections.

pre facelift drive part number 39540SEAG010M1 (typically the ones harder to find in working condition)

facelift dvd drive part number 39540SEAE110M1

In the past i've replaced the optical drives inside and have also dismatled to clean the optics in helped in some cases.

Cartronics is one company that comes up as one that can carry out repairs, avoid them. They will charge £80 inspection fee (though refunded off eventaul repair) but then quote close to £600 for the eventual replacement of the drive.

• Like 1

Hi Barry, I have recently updated my nav disc - mine is the earlier non-voice pre facelift now ver. 2.11  its worth taking a chance off somewhere like eBay but as qc2 says make sure you get the same as the original (with the disc if possible) AND make sure it works prior to buying, its easy job to swap over so if its cheap enough its worth a shot !

Good luck

Jim

• 3 months later...