Interior light bulb replacement

Alexis

Hi,

I am new to this site and this is my first post.

Although I have been driving for 25+ years I am a total novice when it involves anything more than the aesthetics of a car. So I would greatly appreciate any advice please.

I have recently purchased a 2009 Honda CR-V i-CTDI which I'm really happy with. However I need to replace an interior bulb above the rear view mirror. I have removed the non working Festoon bulb which states 'Kelly 12v 8w' on it but I am having real difficulty in sourcing a new bulb. All I can find are 12v 10w Festoon bulbs and I am concerned they may do damage to the car. I did look at LED bulbs but again they are only 10w and I've heard people state that LED bulbs have fused their car so are more trouble than they're worth. Please can anyone advise me?

Many thanks for any replies.

Kind regards,

Alexis.

Hello there.

You can go lower on the wattage without any problems. Only difference being is that it won't be as bright. 

I have led festoons on my FRV. you need to put them in the right way round though or they won't work. I've never had a problem with mine blowing fuses because LED lights draw less current than a standard bulb.

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply and advice.

I currently have 8w bulbs in but I can only find the higher wattage ones at 10w and was concerned they may do damage.

Thanks for your advice re the LED bulbs. And for explaining about making sure they're the correct way round. I must be looking at manufacturers who aren't making great products as there's so many negative reviews on Amazon for them. Please may I ask you what brand and wattage LED bulbs you use so I can try to purchase some.

Many thanks again,

Alexis.