Cruise control

garycoops1

Hey everyone. I just bought a used 2014 Honda civic. When I start the car up after leaving it for an extended period of time (like in the morning or after a 12 hour shift at work), the cruise control won't work and the green arrows for shift up and down don't show. The only way to get it to work that I have found is to turn the car off and back on again. The problem only occurs after the car is off for extended periods.

Is this an issue? What causes this and can it be fixed? 

Hi.....welcome to the Club

I believe it may be a battery charge issue which would cause the subsidiary systems to not be active until the battery voltage is showing as sufficient.
Worse case scenario, replace the battery for a  new quality branded one

On 6/8/2021 at 10:21 AM, Trevor said:

Hi.....welcome to the Club

I believe it may be a battery charge issue which would cause the subsidiary systems to not be active until the battery voltage is showing as sufficient.
Worse case scenario, replace the battery for a  new quality branded one

but surely if there is enough power in the battery to start the car and then to restart it again i would have thought the battery should be ok as there  is more power drawn from the battery to start the vehicle than is needed to operate other systems. just my thoughts.

Usually when the battery is even slightly depleted then the stop/start goes offline to preserve energy.
This may be due to lockdown and infrequent use.

It should restore over time when used more often