Air con issue

Gslater

Just had a regas on the air con and discovered for following issue

Air con was desperate for regas so had it done. Use to work fine last year despite not super cold due to needing the regas.

however after regas it’s playing up. When sat on idle everything is engaged and the compressor is spinning but no cold air. But when you apply some revs after a while idling it’s goes super cold for a few seconds but then starts to warm back up. I have removed pollen filters which were a bit old, garage has told me pump is dead. But I’m struggling with this has the pump is spinning at idle but not cooling, and when revs are applied it wakes up and cools for a few seconds. Could anyone advise as to whether this is a simpler and cheaper issue possibly than a whole new compressor ?!

• 3 months later...

• 10 months later...

I've got this exact same problem. Magnetic clutch on the pump is engaging/disengaging in line with the button on the dash being toggled on/off but my mechanic sees no change in pressures. He has diagnosed a faulty compressor.  They are about £450 OEM, it's a lot of money. I'm trying to source an aftermarket one.  It is also recommended to fir a new receiver/dryer at the same time, as opening up the system for any repair allows moisture in. 

Did you ever resolve your issue?