Removing master window control from dashboard

iceman2010

• 1 month later...

Prise off the trim that covers the clocks and vents. The vent on the left will fall off but you can clip it back on again.

You can see a screw holding the switch assembly to the dash. Take it out, being careful not to lose the metal clip down inside the dash.

Remove the storage pocket below and to the right of the steering wheel by opening it toward you and then lifting upward.

See the screw? Take it out, and gently pull the trim off.

Unclip the cables from the VSA button and the dimmer switch.

Unclip the two cables from the switch assembly.

There are upside-down two screws holding the switch assembly to the dash. Take them out.

There's one more screw to the front and left of the switch assembly. Take that out.

This should help you visualise the four screw locations:

image.png.984cb2f294bcd443ffab8724ea4edfc7.pngimage.png.4453aa1d6d8ba7066aef2480cad14905.png

You'll notice in the first photo that the cover is missing. That'll probably need to come off to give yourself room to wiggle the switch assembly out.

I don't know about replacing individual switches...I didn't bother as I'd got another switch assembly from a scrappy.

If any of you take one apart, take some photos 🙂 👍

• Like 1