Replacement Key

Alastair

Hi, I've just bought my first Honda. Its a 2009 accord EX diesel auto tourer and I was really impressed with it on the test drive. Unfortunately it only has one key which is looking rather worn.  For peace of mind I want a new spare key. It is the 3 button key with tailgate open / close, and ideally I'd like the new key to be a pop up flip key. I'm from Huddersfield but travel into Greater Manchester / Lancashire every week so I'm quite happy to travel if I have to?

I've been phoning around and the best quote so far is £110 for a cut and programmed key. Does this sound reasonable or do any of you know a better place to try??

Cheers

Alastair

Ive used the local guy, but he's having to come back today as no matter what he tried he couldn't get the powered tailgate to operate with the new remote. So he's bringing a different remote to fit today. Very helpful guy and after what we've been through with covid i have decided to support small local businesses more and glad i gave this guy's small business my money.

• 2 weeks later...

The guy is Halifax auto keys his number is +447495090892

He charged me £110 but couldn't  get the powered tailgate to operate with the new key, so we swapped the circuit board from the old key and it works great.

Hope this helps

Alastair